Southern Hemisphere Mining Limited has released its Quarterly Activities Report for the period ending 31 March 2022.
Colina2 Gold Project
- 100% of the assay results received from the 19 hole 2,793m RC program completed in H2 2021.
- Drilling included a result of 34m @ 1.39g/t gold from 24m depth in drill hole 21CLRC003
- 11m @ 1.54 from 12m depth in drill hole 21CLRC013 and 11m @ 1.53g/t gold from 28m in 21CLRC013.
- A field visit was completed during December by the Exploration Manager which was useful in checking the position of the drill holes, overall geology of the project area and what is required for the next drilling program at Colina2.
- Historical soil data shows the gold in soils has a correlation with bismuth and a soil sampling program for the northern part of the original Colina2 licence and targets in the new Colina2 licences are planned for H1 2022.
- Further work is also planned at the old Colo copper-gold mine at Colina2.
- Full details in ASX releases: 13 September 2021, and 17 Jan 2022.
Llahuin Copper/Gold/Moly Project
- The RC drilling program at Llahuin which began in December 2021 has been completed with 24 holes drilled for 2,787m.
- First results have been received from the ALS Laboratory in Chile for 11 holes, with a best result at the Central Porphyry, so far of 90m @ 0.62% CuEq from surface which is significantly higher than the published resource grade (0.41% CuEq)
- Drillhole 21LHRC009 at the Cerro De Oro deposit intersected 69m @ 0.47% CuEq from surface.
- First RC drillhole into the Southern Porphyry Copper/Gold Target intersected approx. 177m with trace visual chalcopyrite.
- The drilling program was designed to test:
- 1. Near surface higher grade zones in and around existing resources at the Central Porphyry and Cerro De Oro deposits, and
- 2. New targets for large porphyry deposits.
Near Surface Higher Grade
- Drillholes at the Central porphyry and Cerro De Oro were infill drilling off existing drill pads targeting near surface material. Drillhole 21LHRC009 intersected a newly recognised near surface zone 0-69m @0.47%CuEq which will require follow up drilling to better define the extents and its relationship to the Cerro deposit.
1. Southern Porphyry Copper/Gold Prospect
- Drillhole 22LHRC024 was the maiden drillhole into the Southern Porphyry Copper-Gold prospect, is considered by the Company to be a technical success intersecting 177m of trace visible chalcopyrite in the first hole of the program, with assays pending.
- The hole was designed to test historical rock chip data and newly acquired drone magnetic survey data. Further drilling is planned to test the Southern Porphyry target.
2. The Railway Prospect
- Two drillholes were completed at the Railway copper/gold prospect, and both intersected continuous sections of Copper/Gold mineralisation, from surface to end of hole in holes 21LHRC010 and 11.
- Full details in ASX release: 15 February 2022
To view the entire QAR please download the PDF ->SUH QAR End 31 March 2022
Date: 27 April 2022 | ASX Code: SUH
Southern Hemisphere Mining Limited is an experienced minerals explorer in Chile, South America. Chile is the world’s leading copper producing country and one of the most prospective regions of the world for major new copper discoveries. The Company’s projects include the Llahuin Porphyry Copper-Gold-Moly Project, the adjacent Colina 2 Gold Project, and the Los Pumas Manganese EV Battery Project, all of which were discovered by the Company.