Southern Hemisphere Mining Limited announces RC Drilling results of 11m @ 1.54 g/t gold from 12m at the company’s Colina2 Gold Project in Chile.
- All assay results have now been received from the 19 hole 2,793m RC powered drill program completed in Q3 2021.
- Results include 11m @ 1.54g/t gold and 11m @ 1.53g/t gold from 28m in drillhole 21CLRC013 from 12m depth as well as the previously announced 34m @ 1.39g/t gold in drillhole 21CLRC003 from 24m depth
Colina2 Gold Project (100% owned)
- 100% of the assay results have now been received from the 19 hole 2,793m RC program completed in Q3 2021.
- Drilling included a result of 34m @ 1.39g/t gold from 24m depth in drillhole 21CLRC003 (ASX release 13 September 2021), 11m @ 1.54 from 12m depth in drillhole 21CLRC013 and 11m @ 1.53g/t gold from 28m in 21CLRC013.
- Significant results from the Colina2 drilling are presented in Table 1.
- A field visit was completed during December by the Exploration Manager which was useful in checking the position of the drillholes, overall geology of the project area and what is required for the next drilling program at Colina2.
- Historical soil data shows the gold in soils has a correlation with bismuth and a soil sampling program for the northern part of the original Colina2 licence and targets in the new Colina2 licences are planned for Q1 2022.
- Further work is also planned at the old Colo copper-gold mine at Colina 2 – see Figure 2 below.
NB: Results are calculated using a 0.2g/t cutoff for gold and a maximum of 3m internal waste and a minimum grade of final composite of 0.3g/t Au.
Note there has been insufficient exploration to estimate a Mineral Resource and it is uncertain if further exploration will result in the estimation of a Mineral Resource.
To view the full PDF of this announcement including further tables of results please download the PDF -> SUH – Colina2 Results Jan 2022
Date: 18 January 2022 | ASX Code: SUH
Competent Person/Qualified Person Statement: The information in this report that relates to copper and gold exploration results for the Company’s Projects is based on information compiled by Mr Adam Anderson, who is a Member of The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and The Australian Institute of Geoscientists. Mr Anderson has sufficient experience which is relevant to the style of mineralisation and type of deposit under consideration, and to the activity which he is undertaking to qualify as a Competent Person as defined in the 2012 Edition of the “Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves”. Mr Anderson is a consultant for the Company and consents to the inclusion in the report of the matters based on his information in the form and context in which it appears.
Southern Hemisphere Mining Limited is an experienced minerals explorer in Chile, South America. Chile is the world’s leading copper producing country and one of the most prospective regions of the world for major new copper discoveries. The Company’s projects include the Llahuin Porphyry Copper-Gold-Moly Project, the adjacent Colina 2 Gold Project, and the Los Pumas Manganese EV Battery Project, all of which were discovered by the Company.