Southern Hemisphere Mining Limited has released its Quarterly Activities Report for the Period Ending 30 June 2021.
- RC Drilling progressing well at Colina2 Gold Project in Chile.
- Colina2 Project area expanded substantially.
- High resolution drone magnetic survey in progress at Llahuin Copper Gold Project and completed at Colina2.
Colina2 Copper Gold Project:
RC drilling at Colina2 is progressing very well, the first batch of samples have been submitted to ALS Laboratories Santiago, and results are expected in approx. 5-6 weeks.
Epithermal style gold mineralisation is the target, as discovered in the trenching work (ASX release 18/11/2020).
A high resolution drone magnetic survey (25m line spacing at 25m height) has been completed over Colina2, with processing by the company’s geophysicist underway in Perth.
The survey also provided an accurate Digital Terrain Model (DTM) with accompanying orthophotography over the entire project area. Image from the survey company at Fig 2 below.
Llahuin Cu-Au-Mo Project:
- High resolution drone magnetic survey is currently underway on Lahuin in order to provide high quality magnetic data for interpretation to generate new drilling targets and an accurate DTM and accompanying orthphotography.
- Drilling at Llahuin is planned to commence after completion of the Colina2 drilling during Q1.
Los Pumas Manganese Project
Manganese Battery Metals – The future for the Los Pumas Manganese Project-Chile
- SUH is engaging technical specialists to guide process and development option studies for the use of Los Pumas ore in Nickel Cobalt Manganese (NCM) batteries or similar, aimed at the EV market
- SUH target is to provide manganese ores to produce High Purity Manganese Sulphate Monohydrate (HPMSM)
- Mn used in the vast majority of NCM batteries. HPMSM is currently the lowest cost NCM cathode metal and lowers the cost of batteries
- SUH strives to produce carbon neutral HPMSM or similar
- SUH Los Pumas Manganese Project Presentation June 2021
- The Los Pumas Manganese resource is currently in the process of being upgraded to be JORC 2012 compliant.
- All historic core and pulps have been secured and are currently being transported to the Lahuin storage facility for further cataloguing and potential testwork.
- The Company is in discussions with end user buyers and JV partners for the Los Pumas Manganese Project.
- SUH has engaged industry experts to carry out a mineralogy review to assess the process flowsheet options to produce High Purity Manganese Sulphate (HPMSM). Early work shows the DMS product is low in impurities with no identified technical impediments to producing HPMSM. There may be potential to benefit from precipitating potassium from the Cryptomelane dominant ore as Sulphate of Potash (SOP).
For more information please refer to the PDF of the Quarterly Activities Report for the Period Ending 30 June 2021.
Date: 30 July 2021 | ASX Code: SUH
Southern Hemisphere Mining Limited is a successful copper-gold explorer in Chile, the world’s leading copper producing country and one of the most prospective regions of the world for major new copper discoveries.