Southern Hemisphere Mining Limited reports that a second infill program has confirmed and added gold to the new Southern Porphyry target in the South of the Llahuin Copper-Gold-Moly Project area (Figure 3) as an oblong copper/gold in soil anomaly with a footprint similar to the Central Porphyry and shows a robust +500ppm copper in soil contour with a peak value of 0.22% (2,232ppm) copper in soil.
The core 1,000ppm copper contour extends for approximately 200m in a NNW direction.
Figure 1: Location Map of Llahuin Project – Chile.
Highlights – View Full ASX Announcement
- The 100% owned Llahuin Copper-Gold-Moly deposits host over 680kt CuEq in Central Chile.
- Infill soil sampling has confirmed the Southern Porphyry Copper in soil anomaly in the Southern part of the Llahuin Project, previously reported, with a new peak value of 0.22% Copper and 0.24g/t Gold, so now the Southern Porphyry is a Copper/Gold anomaly.
- The Southern Porphyry anomaly sits within a large circular magnetic feature – a classic porphyry style magnetic target.
Figure 2: Llahuin Prospect areas with resource outlines, >400ppm Copper in soil contour (simplified) on magnetics.
Figure 3: New +500ppm Copper in Soil Anomaly in the Southern part of the Llahuin Project.
The Southern Porphyry gold assays show a robust, coincident +40ppb gold in soil anomaly associated with the copper in soil anomaly with a peak value of 240ppb gold.
As previously reported the anomaly is spatially associated with a large circular magnetic high which is interpreted to be a porphyry signature.
Figure 4: New +40ppp Gold in Soil Anomaly (peak value 240ppb Gold) in the Southern part of the Llahuin Project.
Details of the work are as follows:
- Infill soil sampling is typically 100m spaced sample lines and 25m sample spacing. The soils are analysed by an Olympus Vanta “M series” Pxrf. A comparison with 210 Laboratory Copper analyses showed excellent agreement with an R2 value of 0.99.
- An appropriate standard and blank are analysed for each batch of approximately 20 samples and demonstrate the instrument is reading within acceptable tolerances.
- The Company geologists are currently completing geological/structural mapping in the area of the Copper in soil anomaly to better understand the area.
- Further exploration work continues to target new opportunities for copper/gold resource expansion.
Date: 18 January 2023 | ASX Code: SUH
Southern Hemisphere Mining Limited is an experienced minerals explorer in Chile, South America.
Chile is the world’s leading copper producing country and one of the most prospective regions of the world for major new copper discoveries. The Company’s projects include the Llahuin Porphyry Copper-Gold-Moly Project, the adjacent Colina 2 Gold Project, and the Los Pumas Manganese EV Battery Project, all of which were discovered by the Company.
For the latest information about the Company – please visit our Latest News and Corporate Profile pages. We are also on LinkedIn and Twitter.